Schedulable: means the tool supports scheduled (automated) updates.
Transformation: means the tool supports doing automated data transformation.
Socrata - DataSync
- Getting started with DataSync
- Scheduling DataSync jobs
- DataSync source code
- File bugs & feature requests for DataSync
Safe Software - FME
Safe FME is an ETL tool enabling easily creating workflows to extract data from source systems, perform cleanup and transformation, and publish that data to Socrata.
- Using FME to publish data to Socrata
- Safe's write-up/video on the FME Socrata Writer
- Getting started with FME
- FME Documentation - FMEpedia
- FME Support
Pentaho - Kettle
Kettle is a free and open source ETL tool made by Pentaho.
Socrata - API Resources
We have Libraries/SDKs and example code in various programming languages that make using our APIs much easier available at: http://dev.socrata.com/libraries
Libraries & SDKs:
* Good support for data publishing
- DataSync SDK (Java) **most recommended**:
Documentation for the soda-java library is here: http://socrata.github.io/soda-java/
Some example usage of the library here: https://github.com/socrata/soda-java-examples
- .NET* (C#): https://github.com/CityofSantaMonica/SODA.NET