Continually enriching the user experience is very important to the team here at Socrata. Throughout the year, we develop new features and incremental user enhancements, documenting our progress via these corresponding release notes. These improvements are delivered to our customer sites transparently and require little to no effort on your part. You can find the full list of Open Performance release notes here.
This document summarizes the Open Performance feature development work and fixes we’ve implemented from October through December, 2014.
Manually override goal status
- The publisher can now choose to override the automatically computed goal status in favor of a different status that better suits the publisher’s communication needs.
Embed hyperlinks in goal narrative text and reports
- Publishers can now embed URLs within text rather than paste verbatim into the narrative
Create goals using datasets with up to 10,000 rows
- Previously, goals could only be created using datasets with fewer than 1,000 rows.
- Now the upper bound has been increased to 10,000-row datasets.
Print enhanced goal pages and reports in IE, Firefox and Chrome
- Smarter page breaks to prevent charts and other visualizations from straddling pages
- Cleaner printed display of charts and corresponding labels
Also check out this new video tutorial that walks through goal creation.
Selected Bug Fixes and Patches
Correct handling of the underscore symbol ( _ ) in hyperlinks
- Previously, Open Performance erroneously removed underscore symbols from hyperlinks pasted into the narrative section of goal pages, which altered the URL and directed to a non-existent page.
- Now the underscore symbols are preserved as page changes are saved.
Consistent handling of URLs opened from goal pages
- The default action now opens all clicked links in a new tab of the same window.
Corrected custom CSS display issues on goal pages
Consistent permission error messages
Performance improvements for pages with many visualization elements
Additional stability improvements to UI and backend systems
Note: the above release notes are not exhaustive. Additional Open Performance user documentation can be found here. Visit support.socrata.com for user documentation, how-to guides and best practice material.