Dataset Landing Page Preview
The Dataset Landing Page highlights the most important details for every dataset in your catalog and directs all your users to the view of the data that is perfect for them. As the default experience for every dataset in your catalog, your datasets, and their derived views, will be more accessible and explorable than ever before.
Dataset Landing Page also brings a modern, clean, and mobile-friendly design to all your datasets. We think you and your users are going to love it!
Please keep an eye on your email for more information about the Dataset Landing Page preview soon.
Catalogs Feature Federation Site Names
For sites using the new Socrata catalog and search experience, federation partner site names will display the name of the site (e.g. City of Springfield) instead of the URL (e.g. data.springfield.gov).
If your site isn’t yet using the new catalog, contact your Socrata account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about this free upgrade.
DataSync 1.7.1 released
DataSync 1.7.1 is now available on https://socrata.github.io/datasync/. This minor release fixes a key issue in previous versions that caused the Map fields dialog to timeout in with certain firewall configurations.
Selected Bug Fixes
- Data series grouping bug impacting column charts: Previously, when creating a data series grouping-dependent column chart, a small percentage of those charts would fail and, now, they do not.
- A minor security vulnerability related to SSO authentication has been patched.
- Filter bug impacting filtered tables with zero as the value: Filtered tables with zero values would previously resolve values unpredictably.
- Data Lens distribution chart/card bug impacting large datasets: Distribution card would previously fail to respond performantly with large datasets.
- “All Types” catalog query bug: Catalog queries for All Types wouldn’t actually resolve all types of objects.