In this release ...
- Small updates and bug fixes
Previous Perspectives release notes:
Small Updates & Bug Fixes
- Story page interaction improvements
- Improved the core publishing API to more fluidly publish a story
- Fixed the text editor in Perspectives to preserve text color when other formatting settings like bold/italic, right/left justification, etc. change
- Fixed a bug with image cropping whereby cropping an image in a copied story also crops the original image … yikes!
- Making a copy of a story with a Getty image now works as expected instead of occasionally failing to load the copied story
- Hero image no longer disappears when modifying the title atop the image
- Cropping an image in the hero block now works consistently instead of erroring out occasionally
- HTTP requests for stories now always redirect to HTTPS pages
- Updates and fixes for charts, maps and tables in stories
- The table in Perspectives now hides pagination controls and record count when all rows are visible
- A dataset with a column named “count” no longer breaks the viz table in a story
- Flyout for visualizations created in stories now shows the configured row label from Data Lens-style charts
- Open Performance bug fixes and cleanup work
- Fixed “page not found” error for new reports created using Report Builder
- Localized missing strings on the prevailing measure into Spanish, Catalan, Dutch and Italian
- Changed API prefix to /api/stat instead of /stat/api to align with the nomenclature of other api endpoints on the Socrata platform
- Operational improvements
- Cleaned up opendata.socrata.com — bulk-deleted 2700+ datasets that haven’t been accessed in more than two months; also built the functionality to automate this task for future cleanup work
- Updated the favicon, Powered by, footer logo and other branding elements with the new Socrata style elements
Check out our other Product News, and give us a shout at email@example.com with questions or ideas.