To create a filtered view of a dataset:
- Log in to your Socrata account.
- Select the dataset that you want to create a view of.
- Select "View Data."
- Select "Create View."
- Select the Filter tab. This gives you a number of options:
- Conditional Formatting lets you change the color of cells based on criteria for quickly examining values at a glance.
- Sort and Rollups allow you to create summaries of data for analysis, similar to pivot tables.
- Filters allow you to filter by specific values or ranges.
- Select "Publish," then select the appropriate audience.
Note: You can create public-facing views of private datasets! This will allow you to have a single source dataset but redact and filter information that you don’t want the public to see.