Expected release – 2 weeks
- Our legacy View Moderation and Routing & Approval moderation tools will be deprecated on May 31, 2019. After this date, we will be upgrading any remaining domains to the new Approvals workflow.
Expected release – 1 month
- Socrata Gateway will have an open beta program beginning at the end of June. Socrata Gateway is a new framework for connecting data from on-premise and cloud-based data sources directly to Socrata. Any customers interested in participating should contact their Account Manager or Customer Success Manager.
- We will be adding an option to the Asset Manager to hide/unhide assets in the Data Catalog.
Expected release – 2-3 months
- Users will be able to insert a table of contents into a Perspectives Story.
- We are updating Perspectives roles to better enable users to create and collaborate on Stories. When a Story is shared with a user, the user will be able to view and/or collaborate on that story even if this user does not have a role with permission to create and edit Stories.
- Users will be able to create hierarchies and drill-downs in Visualizations, allowing end users to click on a component of a chart and "drill in" to explore the data within that piece of the visualization.
- Users can now create copies of maps.
Administration & User Management
- Fixed minor bugs related to profile image upload experience.
- Fixed an issue where approval notes were not included in emails to publishers.
- Improved the user experience when using multi-factor authentication.
Catalog & Metadata
Data Ingress And Updates
- Small improvement to how the Dataset Manager API handles row identifiers.
- Improved the Dataset Manager UI to better handle datasets with a large number of columns.
- Resolved an issue causing OData requests to fail against datasets with Location columns.
- Fixed an issue where story publication modal said "submit for approval" on domains with auto-approval outcomes configured.
- The precision of the values on chart axes can now be customized.
- When creating region maps, we expect region buckets to be inclusive at the lower bound and exclusive at the upper bound. Resolved an issue causing upper bounds to be inclusive in some cases.
- An issue in which embedded visualizations did not retain their localizations is now fixed.
- Resolved a bug that rendered scroll bars in embedded tables, regardless of the number of rows, on Windows 10.
- Resolved an issue causing timeline charts to connect data points, instead of showing a gap, when there are nulls or missing values in timeline data.
- Resolved an issue causing secondary lines in grouped line charts to use decimal labels instead of percentages.
- Resolved an issue preventing users from creating timeline charts on date columns with certain configurations.