- Our legacy View Moderation and Routing & Approval moderation tools have been deprecated on and are no longer supported as of May 31, 2019. If you’re still using Socrata's deprecated View Moderation or Routing & Approval features and have questions about moving to the new and fully supported Approvals workflow, please reach out to your Account Manager or Customer Success Manager.
- Curious about the Dataset Storage Upgrade? Read this support article to learn about the benefits, changes, and known challenges with the migration to our New Back End.
Expected release – 1 month
- Socrata Gateway will have an open beta program in July. Socrata Gateway is a new framework for connecting data from on-premise and cloud-based data sources directly to Socrata. Any customers interested in participating should contact their Account Manager or Customer Success Manager.
- We will be adding an option to the Asset Manager to hide/unhide assets in the Data Catalog.
- Users will be able to insert a table of contents into a Perspectives Story.
Expected release – 2-3 months
- We are updating Perspectives roles to better enable users to create and collaborate on Stories. When a Story is shared with a user, the user will be able to view and/or collaborate on that story even if this user does not have a role with permission to create and edit Stories.
- Users will be able to create hierarchies and drill-downs in Visualizations, allowing end users to click on a component of a chart and "drill in" to explore the data within that piece of the visualization.
Data Ingress And Updates
- Resolved an issue in which users were unable to update geospatial columns within a dataset revision.
- Resolved an issue within the Dataset Manager that caused column processing to be stuck while scanning for errors.
- Resolved a filter conditions bug that prevented users from exporting a dataset.
- An RSS export bug has been fixed.
- Filtering capabilities will no longer be available in the preview when users insert a table or visualization into a Story. Users must first insert the table or visualization before applying filters.
- The numeric quick filter bar has been updated to include symbols and ordered by level of usage.