To bring data from Socrata into Tableau™ with the OData endpoint:
- Navigate to a published dataset on Socrata.
- Expand the ellipse ("...") menu for more options.
- Select "Access Data via OData."
Copy the V2 or V4 endpoint.
You may apply several filters if you choose.
- In Tableau™, locate the OData connection menu and paste the endpoint into the server field.
- If the dataset is private or internal, provide authentication details.
- Select "Sign In," and your Socrata dataset will be queried and loaded into Tableau™ for use.