- Socrata Gateway has launched its open beta program. Gateway solves for data extraction and allows customers to use Socrata for the entire ingress workflow, from connecting to source systems to transformations to creating and automating datasets. This new framework connects data from on-premise and cloud-based data sources directly to Socrata.
- Any customers interested in participating should contact their Account Manager or Customer Success Manager.
- The creation of reports through Report Builder will be disabled by October 1, 2019. Reports will remain accessible but read-only.
Administration and User Management
- Updated the error message a user receives when attempting to log into a site that they may not access as a community member.
- Resolved an issue where long header text in the internal navigation header extended outside the header menu.
- Resolved an issue where links from the user profile were not working.
- Resolved an issue where incorrect search results appeared in the asset sharing modal.
Catalog & Metadata
- Resolved an issue where toast messages were not clear when Auto-Approval settings are applied
- Resolved an issue where category badges were not properly rendered on dataset info pane
Data Ingress And Updates
- Resolved an issue preventing the export of shapefiles that included URL columns.
- Resolved an issue causing location columns to convert to point columns when using column mismatch modal.
- Resolved an issue with malformed queries that were causing flyouts not to appear on maps.
- Resolved an issue where the edit button overlapped charts in Perspectives.
- Resolved an issue where text was bleeding out of flyouts when inline legends were enabled in Perspectives.
- Resolved an issue with flyouts on line charts with dimension grouping configured.
- Resolved an issue where the naming of geometry columns was resulting in polygons failing to render on region maps.
- Resolved an issue where the x-axis on scatter plots did not span the entire width of the chart.
- Resolved an issue where changing a previously applied filter on a visualization was not being reflected in the filter dropdown.
Expected release - 2 weeks
- Based on user feedback, we are improving Stories access for users when they are not logged into a domain.***
Expected release - 1 month
- Users will be able to create hierarchies and drill-downs in Visualizations, allowing end-users to click on a component of a chart and "drill in" to explore the data within that piece of the visualization.***
- The Quick Filter Bar in Visualizations and Perspectives will be redesigned to be a vertical dropdown menu instead of a horizontal component.***
- Users will have the ability to apply dependent filters by combining multiple filters that affect each other from parent filter to child filter, and so on.***
Expected release – 2 months
- We are updating Perspectives roles to better enable users to create and collaborate on Stories. When a Story is shared with a user, the user will be able to view and/or collaborate on that story even if this user does not have a role with permission to create and edit Stories.
Legend: *** client-requested functionality