You must have Java 8 or higher installed in order to install an agent to connect directly to your data sources.
If you have not yet configured a Gateway Agent on your domain, please consult the following how-to guide: How to Provision a Socrata Gateway
To configure a COVID Tracker plugin for an existing Socrata Gateway agent:
- Select the gear icon, then select "Administration."
- Select "Gateway."
- Click "Add Plugin."
- Name the plugin and click "Next."
- Copy the script.
- Open your terminal. You may do this by hitting the command+space bar keys on your keyboard and typing "terminal".
- Change directories to the directory where your agent is, then paste the script and hit enter.
- When Java opens, click "OK". This plugin does not have licensing attributed to it.
- Return to your Socrata site and click "Done."
- Refresh the page and see your new plugin listed under the agent.