With Socrata Perspectives, you can easily and quickly produce narrative reports and stories. In these videos, we'll share how to create and edit a story, especially how to take advantage of the different types of media that are supported. You'll also leave knowing how to manage the story, invite collaborators, and share it with others.
Related 60-second videos:
For super-quick overviews of how to use Perspectives, check out the following two links. For more details and hands-on exercises, continue on to the rest of this article.
- How to Add a Table of Contents to a Perspectives Story
- How to Add Getty Stock Images to Perspectives Stories
- How to Add a Video to a Perspectives Story
- How to Embed a Data Table with Filters in a Perspectives Story
- How to Add Content Blocks to a Perspectives Story
- How to Add a Chart, Map, or Other Visualization to a Perspectives Story
Why do you want to tell a story? Context. See examples from our customers:
Build a Simple Story
Compose your story with different kinds of media. Visualizations, tables, images, videos, text, and links all come together to paint a complete picture using content blocks.
Manage Your Story
Edit, share, copy. It's easy to modify a story once it's published.
Build an Advanced Story
Take it even further. Use a good rhythm of headers, text, images, and visualizations.