Administration & User Management
Site Analytics: Primer Page Views
Site analytics now includes Primer Page views as part of the Asset Access dataset. This is in addition to the 3 access types that are currently available: downloads, grid view and API access. These metrics are aggregated by hour and user segment. Please see this support article for more detail.
Catalog, Site Navigation & Metadata
Improvements to Federation Experience
- A modern UI for Admins to manage all data connection (Federation) requests for their site. Please see this this support article to learn more.
- Single place for users to manage all assets (site-wide) including the incoming federated assets (public) in the Administration Assets → All tab. Users can now filter federated assets by source in the “Federated” tab.
- While publishing or approving an asset for “Public” audience, users now see the list of Socrata-powered federated site(s) the asset will be discoverable,
- Asset Action Bar now shows the list of Socrata-powered sites the asset will be published.
- Users can now discover and promote Federated assets through Data Catalog Featured Contents.
Data Ingress & Updates
Esri Connector Updates
Maps created using the Esri connector will now create maps using the latest version of our visualization creator (Visualization Canvas). Connected assets will create both a map visualization and a standalone dataset. Maps previously created via the Esri connector will not be impacted. Please see this support article for more detail.
Data Interaction & Derived Views
Primer for Filtered Views
Filtered Views will now have Socrata “Primer” as the landing page to allow easy discovery of metadata and other useful information such as info pane, preview of data table with column metadata, promoted content etc..
Learn more about the Filtered Views Primer in this support article.
Logarithmic Scale on Timeline Charts
Timeline charts now support logarithmic scale. This provides flexibility when configuring visualizations to ensure data is presented in the most meaningful way. Please see this support article for more detail.
Annotations on Timeline Charts
Annotations are now supported on timeline charts. This allows customers to provide context to better understand the data being presented. Please see this support article for more detail.