Open Finance (OF) is a single landing page for all of a customer’s financial apps
- Accessing the admin panel
- Finance App Settings Tab
- Branding Tab
- Homepage Panels Tab
- Hamburger Menu Tab
- Other Settings Tab
- Color Tab
Access The Admin Panel
To map your data and modify the settings for your Open Finance you will need to go to the administration panel located here: admin.finance.socrata.com
Admin Panel - Finance App Settings Tab
- Login to admin.finance.socrata.com make sure you are accessing your Open Finance Project
- Open Finance utilizes search throughout all applications wired into it. The following fields configure how the applications are wired for search results
This tab enables you to configure which applications are included in the centralized search results available with Open Finance. Adding applications here means that when a user searches a term in Open Finance, all of the applications will be searched for that term. Search results can be filtered by application. To add an application, fill in the below fields:
- App Type - select app type from a drop down
- Application Title - The title of the application you are adding
- Application URL - The URL of the title
- Return URL Title - Which page you would like to return to after entering the application.
Admin Panel - Branding Tab
In order to manage the site branding, favicon for the URL, paragraph text, header and footer you will need to go to the Branding tab
This section controls the:
- Home page (Home Page Content and Carousel Configs)
- Social Media
- Browser Tab:
- Tab Title: this controls what text displays in the tab on a user’s browser
- Tab Icon URL: this controls what icon displays in the tab on a user’s browser
- Organization Name: this will show up in the left-hand side of the header
- Header bar logo URL: this is the logo that goes in the top-left of the page. It should be a 50x50 pixel image
- Home Page TItle: this is the largest title on the homepage
- Home Page Introduction: this is brief introduction for your visitors.(Max 800 characters.)
- Read More: use this section to provide visitors additional information about your organization or the Open Finance.
- Hero Image
- Hero Image URL: this is the background image that shows up behind your Open Budget App Title and Introduction. We recommend an image that’s at least 1280x1024 pixels
- Hero Image Tint: Adds a tint to darken the image and make the white text on top more readable
- Read More
- Add Horizontal Padding to the about page content: by default, we add padding to the Read More page to make it more mobile friendly. Disable this setting if you need some extra room to tell your extended story.
- Read More Text: this is the text that displays at the bottom of your home page introduction. Clicking on it links users to the read more page
- Read More Location: this defines the alignment of the Read More text
- Home Page Common Questions
- Common Questions Button Label: the text here will show up next to the search bar on the homepage as a dropdown menu of common questions
- Show Search DropDown Over Hero Image: setting this to “Hide” hides the search bar
- Show Common Questions DropDown over Hero Image: setting this to “Hide” hides the common questions dropdown
- Home Page Common Questions: use this section to add common questions and links to articles or other resources that answer the questions
The Social section allows you to configure the way your site is shared through Twitter and Facebook.
- Twitter Share TItle
- Twitter Share Description
- Twitter Share Text
- Twitter Handle
- Facebook Share Title
- Facebook Share Description
- Share Image
- Share Image
- Share Width
- Share Height
This tab is used to add links to the footer of your Open Finance application.
- Footer bar link name and URL.
Admin Panel - Homepage Panels
The Homepage panels Tab allows you to configure the content for each panel on the home page.To make changes to your configuration, navigateto the Homepage Panels tab on the left side of the administration panel.
- Select + to add a panel type. Each panel will allow you to select a panel title, panel background color, and configurable content.
- Panel Title: this is the header that will display at the top of your panel
- Panel Background: this is the color of your panel background
- Configure the panel: each panel type has different configuration options. The administration panel includes instructions for configuration, but if you run into any issues or have questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Panel Type: there are many available panel types, including:
- HTML: used to inject HTML code directly into the page.
- Embed: used to embed iframes into the page. Add multiple embeds to scroll content through a single panel.
- List: this is used to add text content in a clean and readable way. Content is separated into sections that can be selected using the panel on the left hand side of the card.
- Common Questions: can be used to generate a list of FAQs and their respective answers.
- Exploration Link: inserts a summary card for each financial application you select to the home page. YOu can choose the default year and application to configure. The summary card includes text from the application you are connecting to.
- Data Summary: inserts a summary table with selected summary statistics from various connected financial applications.
- ODN Card Component: used to integrate with the Open Data Network
- Expenditures: inserts an Open Expenditures timeline chart onto the homepage
- Related Content: creates cards for generic external links or Socrata Perspectives pages