What is a Team?
On the Enterprise Data Platform, a team is a set of users grouped together for the purposes of sharing and collaboration (e.g., publishing/sharing to a team, adding a team as a collaborator). If there are specific groups of users that will consistently need to be granted the same level of access to particular assets, creating a team is a great way to manage access control securely and efficiently.
How do I Create a Team?
- In order to create a new team, navigate to the Users & Teams section of your site by clicking on the gear icon in the gray internal navigation bar and selecting Users & Teams.
- On the Users & Teams page, click on the Teams tab.
- Click the Add New Team button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter a Team Name as well as a Description of the team.
- Finally, click Add New Team.
How do I Add Users to a Team?
- On a team’s administration page, click on the blue Add Team Members button to add individual roled users to this team by their name or email address. Please Note: Only users with a role on the domain with the "Allowed to Collaborate on Assets" permission can be added to a team. And to add users to a team, the user has to have domain-level administrator permission or have a custom role that at least allows the user to Manage Teams.
- To remove a user from a team, simply navigate to a team’s administration page and select the Actions button next to the user.
- Click Remove from Team.
How do I modify a Team Name or Description?
- To modify a team name or description, navigate to the Users & Teams section, click on Teams, and then click on the Actions button next to the team you want to modify.
- Select Edit Team Details.
- After editing the team name and/or description, click Save to commit your change(s).
How do I get Team info I can use outside of the platform?
The ability to export platform tables to CSV is a valuable auditing and distribution tool that Site Admins can leverage with all of the team-related tables on their domain. Below each table you will see a button for Export to CSV. This will allow you to export a CSV with the list of all the teams on your domain, as well as the list of users on each team.