Once a dataset has been loaded into Socrata, it is available for download in a number of different formats:
- CSV (Comma Separated Values)
- CSV for Excel (Tab Separated Values)
- CSV for Excel (Europe)*
- RSS** (with GeoRSS information if there is a Location column in the dataset)
- TSV for Excel
All of the above formats are also available for that data in filtered views and are also available to developers via the Socrata Open Data Consumer API.
If the dataset contains Geospatial information (Point, Line, Polygon, etc.), the dataset will have additional output formats:
Downloading a dataset can be done through either the Primer page or through the table view. With Primer just select Download at the top of the page.
To download a dataset while viewing the table, click on the Export sidebar button and then select the "Download" subsection. The sidebar will display the available file formats for your dataset.
*Note for international customers: The CSV for Excel (Europe) file will:
- Have semicolon separators
- Preserve any date and number formats that have been specified in the column settings for that dataset
- Contain the BOM character needed in CSV files in order for Excel to read the file and special characters properly
**RSS feeds are restricted to a maximum of 50-row updates.