To apply a nested transform to a column on ingress to the platform:
- Import a dataset via the ingress workflow.
In this example, the date column imported is with the data type "Text" and also has errors.
- Select the column header and choose "Data Transforms."
- First, convert the "Text" type to "Date" type by using
- Select the run command and validate the results by examining the right column.
- Since the data is not clean (has text, numbers, and invalid date values), we can ignore those errors by adding forgive function to the existing transform. This is the nested part of this nested transform.
- Run to confirm there are no more errors!