As of August 2020, Socrata Gateway supports sharing access to individual plugins with any roled user(s) on your domain.
- If you are an Administrator, you will be able to share or rescind access to any Gateway plugin configured on your domain.
- If you own or co-own a Gateway agent, you will be able to share or rescind access to only the Gateway plugins associated with the agent(s) that you own or co-own.
- If neither of the above apply to you, you do not have sufficient permissions to share or rescind access to any Gateway plugins.
For details on all Gateway-related permissions, see this article.
Sharing a Plugin
- Navigate to the Gateway Admin page, located at http://[yourdomain.socrata.com]/admin/gateway
- Click on the link in the "Plugins" column for the relevant Gateway agent.
- You will be directed to the Gateway Agent page, and see a list of all the plugins configured on this agent. Locate your desired plugin and click the "Manage Permissions" button next to it.
- In the "Manage plugin permissions" modal which appears, enter the name or email address of the user with whom you would like to share this plugin. Autocomplete suggestions will display below the search bar as you type. (Note: You can only share plugins with roled users on the same domain.) Once you've selected the appropriate user, click "Add".
- Add more users this way if needed, then click "Save" to save your changes and close the modal.
Removing Collaborators from a Plugin
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- In the "Manage plugin permissions" modal which appears, click the "X" next to the user(s) with whom you no longer wish to share this plugin. (Note: You cannot remove the owner of the plugin.) When you are finished, click "Save" to save your changes and close the modal.