Internal Approvals: Elevate Control and Security in Vast Internal Networks
We're proud to unveil Internal Approvals, a highly anticipated extension to our Approvals system on the Enterprise Data Platform. This game-changing feature empowers Site Administrators to fortify their data sharing workflows with an extra layer of security. Internal Approvals gives organizations the tools to implement a stringent approval process for assets made available to their internal audience. This crucial checkpoint ensures every private asset undergoes thorough review and approval before being shared with all employees within the organization.
Key Benefits and Features:
- Mitigated Risk in Data Sharing: The larger the organization, the higher the risk of data reaching unintended recipients. Internal Approvals helps manage this risk effectively.
- Enhanced Data Governance: Internal Approvals unlocks a robust system to oversee data distribution within your organization, akin to controlling external data releases.
- Quick and Easy Configuration: Configure both the Public and Internal Approval workflows and manage approvers all in one spot on our new Approval Settings panel.
- Stay Updated with Approval Notifications: Ensure a seamless approval process by staying informed of every asset's approval request, approval, rejection, and withdrawal. Activating notifications means you'll never miss a critical update, keeping your workflows efficient and uninterrupted.
- Audit Approval History in the Activity Feed: Site Administrators will enjoy enhanced visibility through Activity Feed events for Internal Approvals. This feature enables them to trace an asset's history, providing clarity and insights to address any inquiries regarding its trajectory.
Look out for Internal Approvals on your Enterprise Data Platform in early February, shortly after the official January product release.
Please see this support article for more details: Approvals
Filter Multiple Data Sources with Global Filter Bar in Perspectives Stories
We're excited to announce a major update to Perspectives Stories! The Global Filter Bar now supports filtering across multiple data sources within a single Story page. This allows users to seamlessly integrate various data sources into their reports, ensuring a comprehensive and cohesive data analysis experience. With this update, users can effortlessly associate similar columns across different sources, streamlining the filtering process. This not only simplifies the reporting workflow but also elevates the analytical capabilities, aligning with industry standards set by leading reporting tools.
Please see this support article for more details: The Global Filter Bar in Stories
Improvements to Perspectives Story Tables
We are introducing a set of new features for tables within Stories, designed to transform how users interact with and analyze data. Recognizing the need for more dynamic and user-friendly table configurations, we've developed advanced formatting options to address this.
Now, users can:
- Total Flat Tables: Easily calculate totals within flat tables, providing a quick overview of key figures.
- Configure the Subtotal Row Placement: Customize the placement of subtotal rows in tables, allowing for better organization and readability.
- Groupings with Expand/Collapse Functionality: Users can now expand or collapse groupings in tables and save their preferred state, making it simpler to navigate and focus on relevant data.
- Sorting in Grouped Columns: Enhanced sorting options for grouped columns offer improved data analysis capabilities.
These improvements are more than just aesthetic; they allow you to spend less time sifting through data and more time deriving valuable insights.
Please see this support article for more details: The Table Visualization in Stories
Tyler Design System now in Visualization Authoring Experience
We continue to progress in our adoption of the Tyler Technologies Design System. With this release, users can expect an updated UI when configuring visualizations, bringing this surface more in line with other Tyler Technologies products.
Deprecations and Removals
Grid View Deprecation and Removal
This is a reminder that Grid View will be deprecated for datasets and derived views in March 2024, with deprecations for other asset types to follow. Since our initial announcement in September, our team has been working to ensure this will be a smooth transition for our users. To prepare users for upgrading to more modern tools available on the platform, our team is focused on:
- Making more filtered views compatible with Exploration Canvas.
- Upgrading and removing all legacy calendars.
- Upgrading Mondara maps to new Visualization Canvas maps.
- Enabling data exploration on the new Overview Page.
We will send a final email to platform administrators one month before our deprecation date.
If you have any questions about our platform, please reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know!