You must have Java 8 or higher installed in order to install an agent to connect directly to your data sources.
To provision and install a Socrata Gateway agent:
- Select the gear icon, then select "Administration."
- Select "Gateway."
- Name the agent and download it.
- Unzip the downloaded file to the location where you would like to keep the agent and open the new folder.
- Open the macOS folder.
- Double-click the setup file. If a warning comes up, select the option to open the file anyway. This will open your terminal.
- Once the process in your terminal is complete, return to your Socrata site and click "Next."
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Gateway modal and click "Refresh."
- Refresh the page and see your new agent in the list of agents.
NOTE: For more information about Socrata Gateway agents, see Gateway Overview.