You must have Java 8 or higher installed in order to install an agent to connect directly to your data sources.
To provision and install a Socrata Gateway agent:
- Select the gear icon, then select "Administration."
- Select "Gateway."
- Click "Provision Agent."
- Name the agent and download it.
- Extract the downloaded file to the location where you would like to keep the agent and open the new folder.
- Open the windows folder.
- Right-click the install file, and select "Run as administrator." If a warning comes up, select the option to run the file anyway. This will open your command line.
- Type the name for your agent in the command line and hit "enter" on your keyboard.
- Once the process in your terminal is complete, return to your Socrata site and click "Next."
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Gateway modal and click "Refresh."
- Refresh the page and see your new agent in the list of agents.