- How do I reset a user's password?
- What happens to the ownership of a view when the ownership of the underlying dataset gets transferred?
- Can I disable commenting on my site?
- How can I find the email address for a user who submits a dataset nomination?
- Can I change the number of results shown on each page of my site catalog?
- How do I localize metadata into different languages?
- What security protocol does Socrata use?
- How can I tell how many 'billable' datasets are on my Socrata site?
How do I reset a user's password?
Administrators have the ability to manually send the users an email to reset their password. This can only be done for users who have been designated a role (other administrators, publishers, editors, viewers and designers) on their data portal.
1. Navigate to the Administration panel and then 'Users' which will take you to the Manage Users page.
2. Find the user you want to send a reset email for. You will need to have the user's email or username, or if your list of users is small enough you should be able to scan and find the user by their email or username easily enough as the users are sorted in Alphabetical order. Furthermore, you can limit the results of users returned by filtering by site role.
3. On the user's row details you will see a 'Reset Password' button under Actions (it will be the right-most button). Clicking on it will send an email to the user.
What happens to the ownership of a view when the ownership of the underlying dataset gets transferred?
The ownership of the views remains with the person who created them. This is independent of the underlying original dataset ownership.
Person A owns a dataset.
Person A created a chart off of this dataset; Person B, a map; and Person C, a filtered view.
If the ownership is transferred from Person A to Person B, Person A will still own their chart; Person B, their map; and Person C, their filtered view.