A referrer is the previous webpage a user was on when following a link to your Data & Insights domain. The Site Analytics: Referrers dataset provides detail about which domains users were on and the assets users were sent to.
For steps on how to access this and other system datasets please see our article here.
System Dataset Information
Time granularity - Data is presented at an hourly timeslice in UTC.
Update cadence - If new data is present, the dataset will be updated by a system process at least once a day.
How to interpret the data - Each row in the dataset includes the following information:
- Timestamp - The date and hour (UTC) for the reported referrer activity.
- Value - The number of referrers in a given hour for the specified asset from the specified domain.
- Referrer - The domain the user was on immediately before coming to your Data & Insights domain.
- Asset UID - The unique identifier for the asset that was linked to.
- Asset Name - The name of the asset that was linked to.
The below record indicates that during the 2021 Apr 22 06:00:00 PM hour, users on google.com were sent to the asset named schedule-test, represented by the asset ID of 8x7v-694q, 2 times.